Voluntour Nepal 2022
Minimum 16 days.
Departure: end of March (in consultation).
This challenging expedition goes hand in hand with volunteer projects. Together with your project team you make a contribution that really makes a difference.
You get to know another world through your stay in this magical land. Not just as a tourist, but as a volunteer tourist. You get to know life and the people there well. You can see with your own eyes what the benefits of the project are. You explore your new environment, but also the country and the region.
Frame with space for personal interpretation
Locally we only work with trusted organizations, previous editions included:
- Dolpo Youth Society
- ROKPA International.
This year we work together with Girls Empowered by Travel-Nepal. Together with them, we complete the volunteer project. Goals are discussed in advance and coordinated with them.
Day 1 – Arrival in Kathmandu
Sightseeing at Kathmandu Durbar Square and overnight at the hotel in Thamel.
Day 2 – Kathmandu to Gre Village
It is a 7 hour jeep ride to Syabru Besi (1462 m) from Kathmandu then 3 hours hike to GRE village where we learn volunteering and service for 5 days
Day 3 – Day 7 (volunteer work)
Day 8 – Trek from GRE village to Gatlang village, 3 hour trip
The village of Gatlang is also one of the villages under the Tamang Heritage Trail.
Day 9 – Trek to Surka Hotel
7-hour trek through beautiful and lively forests (above 2300m). We cross a hanging bridge followed by a steep climb up to the village of Khamjim (approximately 4 hours). Then we continue our trek to Sherpa village (approximately 3 hours). We will see a beautiful view of the Himalaya range from the homestay.
Day 10 – Trek to Riverside (2500m / 8000 ft), 5 hours.
The first part of the path descends to Rimche, then the path is flat to the Lama Hotel. On the way you can see red pandas, monkeys and bears if you are lucky ☺
Overnight in a trekking lodge on the Langtang river where we will do a workshop Nepalese dumplings.
Day 11 – Trek to Langtang village (3490 m / 11168 ft), 6 hours. (Religious day and local tour)
This day we will slowly continue up, along with the Langtang River. Descending for a while, we arrive at the village of Langtang, which was completely destroyed by an avalanche during the 2015 earthquake. The village where we will stay has been built on a new spot, slightly above the avalanche area. Overnight in a trekking lodge.
Day 12 – Trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3798m / 12154 ft), 3 hours. (Religious Day, Local Lifestyle and Beautiful Scenery)
The trail winds gradually through rich yak meadows and interesting traditional villages from Mundu to Singdun. When we finally ascend along the mountain passes, we arrive in Kyagjin Gompa. There is a small monastery and a government-run cheese factory.
Overnight in a trekking lodge.
Day 13 – Trek to Lama Hotel (2500m / 8000 ft), 8 hours.
We wake up early in the morning and climb to Kyangjin Ri (4,550m) for a panoramic view of the mountains at sunrise. This morning will be one of the most memorable and wonderful of your trip. This day is challenging, but you will see the most breathtaking view ever☺. After spending an hour on the top (4550m), we will return to Kyangin Gomba again and retreat to Lama Hotel, we will take a route back to Lama Hotel and follow the trail of our route, crossing the Langtang village follow to Ghora Tabela.
Overnight in trekking lodge.
Day 14 – Trek to Syabru Bensi, (1460m / 4672 ft), 6 hours)
We walk back to Syabru Besi from Lama Hotel. We can walk along the ascending and descending path that leads to the village, which gives us the opportunity to take a closer look at the customs and culture of the Tamang ethnic group.
Day 15 – Return to Kathmandu
Syabru Bensi to Kathmandu, 7 hours drive.
- Meals, (breakfast, lunch and dinner). Tea / coffee is only included with breakfast during the trip
- Fresh fruit every night after dinner
- Accommodation throughout the trek in clean teahouses and double rooms with beds with normal foam mattresses, blanket and pillows included, but shared bathroom and toilet. (Just basic accommodation but the best in that town).
- Professional English speaking guide.
- Permits and paperwork
- Langtang National Park fee, and all required permits and official documentation
- Personal insurance for Nepalese personnel
- We will be happy to issue you a Certificate of Completion or Volunteer in GRE Village after your trip (if you wish)
- Trekking T-shirt as a gift ☺
- Kathmandu to Syabrubesi in a shared jeep / bus
- Dhunche to Kathmandu in a shared vehicle
- Pick up and drop off from a domestic bus / jeep station in a private vehicle
- Flight ticket to and from Kathmandu.
- Personal insurance for your trip to Nepal.
- Required number of porters and their salary, food, insurance and transport
- Meals in Kathmandu expect breakfast at the hotel
- Emergency Rescue / Evacuation
- Local permits and donations
- Sleeping bag and other personal equipment not mentioned above
- Personal expenses, batteries and phone calls (only during the trek), spirits, mineral water, extra meals, extra drinks and soft drinks, costs for hot showers at trekking huts
- Gratuities at the end of the trip for tour leader and porters (if available).
If there is enough interest, the trip can be extended with:
– Trip to Namche Bazar, 7 days € 775, -: flight at one of the most spectacular airports in the world, Luhkla, trek to Namche Bazar with a view of Mt Everest (in good weather)
Visit to Chitwa natural park, 3 days.
Price: on request